Monday, April 3, 2017

High School (dun dun dun)

5:03

So. I just submitted my high school course registration form. For classes, I chose: Honors Gateway English, Honors Biology, Algebra 1, and Global Studies. You see, freshman are only allowed to take 2 honors classes, if we were allowed to take more than one honors course I'd be in Honors Algebra 1, but since we can only have 2 honors courses I chose Gateway English and Biology.

For electives, I chose: Band(full year), Robotics, Spanish 1, and Fitness Fundamentals.

I honestly feel like I am going to fail my first year of high school. You see, my teachers are amazing, they really explain things so I understand, but they don't give us any homework-at all. In high school, we have to expect 2-4 hours of homework per night. That's going to be a really big adjustment for me, going from 0 hours to 2-4 hours of homework per day?

I haven't told you guys this but I joined the softball team. I got jersey #1, like I always do. It's my lucky number for some reason. But I have never played softball before so it's kind of difficult for me to play with the other girls who are all very talented at softball and have experience. I also feel really embarrassed when I don't catch the ball or when I'm running. I feel like people stare at me when I run, that's just a paranoia I have-but it's usually never the case.

So, in addition to Breakthrough, I am going to a 2-week summer program called Pushing Your Limits(PYL) which is for upcoming freshman to learn where everything is in high school, get a head start, do your summer reading, and meet other upcoming freshman.

I really hope I can make new friends there, because I am so terrible with meeting new people. It's usually if I am partnered up with someone in class when I talk to someone.

I'm not worried at all about how many people are going to be at my high school, since it's only going to be about 800 students. My old middle school was about 1,040 kids, so it won't be anything I'm not used to.

Well, today was Jordan's birthday. I gave him a stuffed cat.

I don't really know what else to say.

picture perfect girl, offline

No comments:

Post a Comment